Learn more about our POS (Point-of-Sale Desk), how to use it and how it can be useful for you!
TrekkSoft offers a range of booking tools to help you expand your distribution through multi-channel sales. We have the Channel Manager (or TrekkConnect), the Mobile App, your website's Booking Engine and of course, the POS Desk.
All these tools work together to boost sales online and over-the-counter, and are geared towards improving the efficiency of your overall sales and booking process.
The Point of Sale (POS) Desk gives your sales team a straight-forward and easy-to-use tool to seamlessly process walk-in bookings.
In this article, we will go through the following topics to help you understand how the POS Desk works:
What is a POS Desk?
|The Point-of-Sale Desk was created to deliver a great booking and marketing tool for your sales team, travel partners and resellers. The POS desk is easy to use, allowing your resellers to use it without any training.
Get real-time updates on your latest availabilities, upsell customers with add-ons and take partial or full payments in-person. During a tour, pull up details on upcoming bookings and get all the information you need about your guests.
You can also use the POS Desk on a tablet or laptop as an activity booklet to display trip information like your tour itinerary, maps, and pictures of your tours.
Whom is the POS Desk designed for?
Our Product team imagined the POS Desk to be used by hotel concierges or hotel receptionists who usually recommend "things to do" to their guests. This is a great opportunity to resell local tours and activities so why have a tool to facilitate this process?
Some companies have used it as a self-serve kiosk where customers could just browse through the activities on their own without having to wait in a queue to speak to a sales agent.
Use the POS Desk at any point-of-sale to deliver a great experience from the very beginning!
POS Desk Overview
The POS is made up of five sections (click on any option to jump to that section):
Watch the video below for a quick preview of how the POS Desk looks and some of the main features!
Let's have a quick overview of these sections.
Your availabilities will always be shown in a Calendar View, starting with the next upcoming activity.
You can filter availabilities by:
- Schedule type (Trips, Attractions, Rentals)
- Departure date
- Activity Title (A to Z)
- Departure location
Note: Since vouchers are not restricted to a specific date, voucher schedules will show up as the first available departure for every date.
To the right is your cart. Here, you'll have an overview of all the items added to the booking.
From this page, you can also access the passenger list (or guest manifest) by clicking on the "human" icon on the left.
Here, you'll find all the shop items you have created and can sell them directly from the shop dashboard (as shown below).
You can click on the + sign to add a shop item to the cart or the - button to remove it.
Here you'll find a list of all activities created in your Admin Desk. Click on any activity to start the booking process, or click on 'More Details' to get a detailed description and view images of each activity.
You can filter your activities by any of the following:
- Activity title
- Departure location
The bookings tab shows all your recent bookings. You can filter bookings by:
- Basket ID, user details or activity title
- Trip Date
- Booking Date
From the list of bookings, you can click on any booking to download tickets, remove guests, check the full details of the booking (guest names, etc) or cancel the entire booking. You can also rebook guests or rebook activities, as well as access the guest manifest.
You'll also notice that each booking Price is now color-coded. Here's what the colors indicate:
- Green - Even balance
- Red - Cancelled booking
- Orange - Outstanding payment or Overpaid
- Purple - Unconfirmed booking
To download tickets for a booking, follow these steps:
- On the left-hand menu click on Bookings
- Then choose the booking you wish to view by clicking anywhere on the booking information. A popup window will open.
- In the popup window, scroll to the bottom and click the download tickets button.
On the checkout page, you can see an overview of your booking. Here, you'll get the chance to modify the booking, add guest details, change agent, add a discount code or package discount or change the buying user.
In the Checkout section (highlighted in red) you have the following options:
- The ellipsis button (3 dots) - Click this option to edit or delete the current booking
- Recycling Bin - Click this icon to remove the booking. YOu will receive a warning to make sure you wish to delete the incomplete booking.
- Discount Code - Enter a discount code in this field to add a percentage reduction to the total price (find out more about discount codes here)
- Guest Remarks - Enter any information the guest wishes you to make note of e.g. dietary requirements
- Basket Item Remarks - Enter any additional comments you wish to add in the basket (This will only be visible inside the basket once the booking is complete)
In the Cart section (highlighted above in purple) you have the following available options:
- Agent - Select the agent from the dropdown who is completing the booking
- Voucher Code - Enter a voucher code if the guest wants to use a voucher discount
- Package Discount - If the activity is part of a package discount, the information will appear here
- Buying Users email - This field is filled automatically but you have the option to manually edit if necessary
- Buying Users name - This field is filled automatically but you have the option to manually edit if necessary
During Checkout click add quest info (in red) to bring up a popup for guest info. You have the following available options:
- Apply data for all guests - Mark this box if you want all the guests to have the same personal info.
- Buying user -Mark this box if the personal info you are inputting is for the person who is ordering the ticket and is the person of contact for managing the booking.
- Gender - Choose Male of Female.
- First name - Please write the guest's first name.
- Last name - Please write the guest's last name.
Last Updated [25/05/2020]