If you are looking for information related to Gift Cards, Click here
Discount Codes are only applicable to guests and do not work with Add-ons or Shop Items. The discount is applied as a percentage of the ticket price. You can set up discount codes to only apply with certain activities, schedules and/or set a maximum number of uses for each discount code.
Here are some features we'll cover on this page:
- How to Create a Discount Code
- Generating Multiple Discount Codes
- Import Your Own Discount Codes
- Tips for Agents and Resellers
How to Create a Discount Code
- In your Admin Desk, navigate to Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Codes in the left-hand menu. Now, click the Add Discount Code button located in the top right (shown below).
- After following step 1, you will be taken to the New Discount Code page. In this page, complete the options below to suit your needs (be aware, any option below marked with a (*) is a mandatory field) :
- Code* - Enter the code that you would like your customers to use. For example, if you're running a summer campaign and want to allow discount codes to be used, you could use a code similar to ‘AmazingSummer’ (discount codes are case sensitive).
- Expiration Date - You can enter the date this discount code may be used until.
- Maximal Usage* - Enter the number of times the discount code may be used.
- Discount* (%) - Enter the discount percentage you would like to offer your guests (e.g. to allow 10%, add the number 10 into the field without the percentage symbol).
- Applicable for activities started since and until - You can enter dates for activities that this discount code can only apply to.
- Limit to Activities - Select the tours and activity schedules you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all of your tours/activities, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box).
- Limit to Schedules - This option allows you to specify which schedule for each activity you would like to limit this discount too. As mentioned above, if you would like this code to apply to all of your tours/activities, leave all of the checkboxes blank.
- When you have updated all fields, click the Save button.
Generating Multiple Discount Codes
You can simultaneously generate multiple discount codes with randomly generated numbers and letters. This option can be very useful to provide customers with a unique code to share with their friends and families.
To create multiple discount codes:
1. In your Admin Desk, navigate to Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Codes in the left-hand menu. Now, click the Generate Codes button located in the top right (shown below).
2. Complete the four fields shown below (all fields are mandatory):
- Number of codes generated - Choose how many codes you would like to generate
- Discount Code Length - Enter the number of characters you would like the code to be
- Max Usage - Enter the number of times the discount code may be used
- Discount (%) - Enter the discount percentage the code will be worth
3. After completing all four fields, click the Save button.
4. Once saved, you will see all of the codes you requested in a list similar to the screenshot example below:
Import Your Own Discount Codes
You have the option to import your own discount codes via a CSV file. This can be particularly useful if you want to sell tours/activities on discount websites like Groupon.
To import discount codes/gift codes via CSV:
- Go to Admin Desk. Navigate to Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Codes in the left-hand menu. Now, click the Import Discount Codes button located in the top right corner.
Your CSV file should be formatted like the example shown below:
- 1st column - Discount Codes or Gift Card codes
- 2nd column - Value in % or a fixed sum
- 3rd column - Number of uses
- 4th column - Expiration date (with dd/mm/yyyy date format) (Optional)
- 5th column - If you want to limit codes to specific activities, add the activity ID here, separated with spaces (Optional)
Note: You cannot create/upload a duplicate code i.e. which has already been Used/Existing/Deleted. You must create/upload a unique code every time that is unique.
Tips for Agents and Resellers
- An Agent name can double up as their "Agent Code".
- When a customer is referred to you by an Agent, the customer must use the agent's unique code when purchasing from your website so that you can track referrals.
- We recommend creating a Discount Code that matches the Agent Code to create an incentive for customers to use the code.