If for any reason a booking needs to be cancelled and a refund or partial refund needs to be processed, each of these actions can be done from the basket.
Canceling a booking and issuing a refund is easy to do. You have the option to cancel the entire booking or just a single guest. Similarly, you can refund a portion of the total payment if needed.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Cancel and issue a full refund
- Cancel a single guest
- Issue a partial refund for any amount
- Refund a customer through TrekkPay
Cancel and Issue a Refund
To cancel or issue a refund you first need to be in the Basket for a booking. To find a basket:
- From the left-hand side menu, click on Bookings > Overview.
- Find the customer you wish to view the basket for and click the Details button (underneath the 'actions' title).
- You will be redirected to the Basket Details for the booking.
Alternatively, you can search for the customer's name or email address in the search bar at the top of the page (shown below).
Cancel an Entire Booking
To cancel the whole booking, click on the Cancel basket items button.
A pop-up window will open. You will then be prompted for a reason the booking was canceled and asked to specify who issued the refund (if any). If no refund is issued, select Ignore from the drop-down menu.
Cancel a Single Guest
To cancel a single guest, scroll down to the Basket Summary menu inside the Basket. Find the guest you want to cancel. On the right of that guest's name, click on the Choose as action drop-down menu and select Cancel guest (highlighted below).
A pop-up window will open and you will need to complete these three options (any option with a * is mandatory):
- Reason* - Enter the reason for the cancellation of this guest
- Refunded By* - Specify who issued the refund (if applicable). If you do not wish to select a user/agent, select the Ignore option.
- Amount To Refund - Enter the amount you wish to refund to the single guest.
(Note: You should only enter something here if you wish to refund an amount of money that is different from the amount that appears next to the treasurer in the "Refunded by" selected above. Additionally, if you enter an amount here, but do not select a treasurer above, the amount that you entered will be ignored as no refund will occur. A value of zero is ignored as well.)
If you wish to refund a partial amount of the payment. You can do so by following these steps:
1. From the Basket Details View, scroll down to Refunds and click on Add refund button. You will see a pop-up window
2. In the pop-up window, enter the desired amount (partial refund) and click Save.
- When a customer uses a credit card to pay through TrekkSoft's payment gateway, you can select TrekkSoft from the Refund by drop-down menu and the refund will be processed by TrekkSoft (transaction fees apply). Please be noted that This feature is only available when using the TrekkSoft Payment Gateway.
- If you are using a 3rd party payment gateway, select the party responsible for refunding the money. If you select a different treasurer, the refund will have to be processed manually.
Add a Refund
- From the Basket Details View, scroll down to the Refunds menu.
- Click the Add Refund button
- A popup window will show. Complete each of the mandatory fields (mandatory fields are marked with a *):
- Refunded By* - Select the person creating the refund
- Refund Item - Select an item to be refunded or leave this option as 'none'
- Refund Amount* - Enter the amount to be refunded
- Payment Reference* - If you have added a payment reference, select it from the drop-down menu (more information available here)
- Reason - Enter a reason for the refund.
Refunding a Customer Who Paid Through TrekkPay
When a customer pays through TrekkPay, you can select TrekkSoft from the Refund by drop-down menu and the refund will be processed by TrekkPay (transaction fees apply).
Otherwise, select the party responsible for the refund. If you select a different treasurer, the refund will have to be processed manually.
Note: Please note that TrekkPay cannot issue refunds for Lastschriftverfahren and iDeal. For these refunds, you will have to issue them from your own bank account.
Last Updated [20/08/2021]