You can get more additional details from the guests such as hotel pick up point, height, allergies, etc.
Last update [June 19, 2022]
Here's an overview of what we cover in this article:
- How to create or edit custom fields?
- Guest custom fields
- User custom fields
- Activity and Basket custom fields
- Custom Field Jargon Explained
Custom fields are perfect to gather important information from a customer before they checkout (such as hotel pick up point, height, allergies). This will save you time so you can focus on your activities instead.
There are two main types of Custom Fields; Guests and Users.
Guest - A guest is a person partaking in an activity.
User - A user is a person booking the activity.
How to create/edit a custom field?
- Open Custom Fields
On your admin dashboard, click the 'Settings' in the main navigation bar on the left and select Custom Fields under Product & Booking Settings.
- Select and create your custom field type
You will then open the Custom Fields menu and need to select which type of field you would like to edit. Below is an explanation of the difference between Guest and User Custom Fields.
Guest Custom Field
Guest Custom fields are questions asked to every individual guest attending the tour and are displayed after the number of guests has been selected.
Note - If Variable Pricing or The Number of Seats an Order of this Category will Occupy is used in your tour schedule, then only one set of guest custom fields will be displayed.
By default, there are three pre-set Guest Custom Fields - First Name, Last Name, and Gender. Gender is used to determine the prefix Mr or Ms to names for your automated confirmation emails and tickets.
Options explained for guest fields
- Required on Website, Booking Widget and Mobile App: Check this option if you want the field as a required field for guest that must be entered to proceed completing booking
- Required on Back Office: Check this option if you want this field as required field while booking a tour via Backoffice or POS Desk.
- Visibility: If this option is checked the field will be hidden till checkout and it will asked as an optional field after finishing booking.
- Private/Internal: This field is for Internal use. Check this option if you don't want custom field be visible any where in the front end like for customers on website, on tickets, etc.
- Ask separately for each packaged activity: If checked, custom field will collect details for each packaged activity separately.
- Should this field be printed on the PDF ticket?: If this options is checked the field will be printed on PDF ticket. Otherwise, it won't show in PDF ticket.
- Limit to activities: Guest Custom Fields can be limited to only be displayed on selected activities.
User Custom Field
User Custom Fields are only asked the person making the booking i.e. buyer of the booking and are asked after the Guest Custom Fields and before the final Payment Page. A lot of tours don't require individual guest information, so User Custom Fields are the better option.
Activity and Basket Custom Field
The other two types of Custom Fields are Activity and Basket, These are rarely used compared to guest and user.
The Activity Field is linked to each activity and displayed on the website activity page. It can be used, for example, to classify the level of fitness needed to partake in a tour.
The Basket Field is linked to a basket and used internally for your own records and reporting.
Custom Field Jargon Explained:
|Field Name - Name of the custom field.|
Field Type - Select the type of custom field.
Text A text box for your customer to write within (for example, flight Number)
|Is required - Is this field mandatory for the customer/user to fill out?|
|Visibility - Is this field visible to your customers?|
|Label - The heading for the custom field (when visible to the customer).|
|Options - The possible choices for this custom field (this is only applicable for radio buttons, check boxes, and drop-down lists). When adding more than one option, be sure to write one option on each line.|
|Limit to Activities - Select which tours you would like this field to apply to.|
|Field name: - The internal naming you'll set for your custom field.|