Companies can create accounts for travel partners, sales agents and resellers, giving them access to your availabilities, schedules and prices in real time.
Agents can also be given access to TrekkSoft's bookings tools such as the Booking Desk and the POS Desk to take bookings on your behalf.
In this guide, we'll cover:
With TrekkSoft, Agents are thought of as teams or entities, and each Agent can have multiple users associated with it. This is intended for tour operators who partner with other resale companies (with multiple employees) for example a hotel with more than one person working at the concierge.
Depending on your business arrangement with each reseller, you can customise permissions for Agents, controlling access to different parts of TrekkSoft.
If an Agent does not have an allocated user they won't have access to your booking tools and will need to provide their Agent Code at checkout on your website.
Creating an Agent
STEP 1: Add Agent
To create an Agent, go to Promotion > Agents & Resellers in the left menu. Then, click on Add Agent.
STEP 2: Complete Agent details and permissions
Create a unique code for your agent to track agent bookings. Make sure travelers enter the agent code under "discount code" at checkout.
Enter the Agent code that can be used during the booking process.
Indicate the commission, in percentage, you would like to pay this Agent. Commissions are calculated from the sale price.
You can change the Default Commission from a percentage of the final price to a fixed amount based on your account’s default currency. You can set the currency from Merchant Settings >
Agent Commission is always computed before taxes & fees are included. It will always be applied to the price of the Activity.
For advanced users: To incentivize customers to use your code, you can also set up your Agent Code to work as a Discount Code. Make sure to check the box "Create a discount code with this agent code if none exists already" and enter a percentage to be discounted.
You can enter the bank details of the agent as a reminder of where their commission should be transferred to.
*Please note that this doesn't mean that the agent will automatically be paid.
When selecting Agent permissions, you can either select a pre-selected set of permissions or customize permissions to suit your business arrangements. Simply check all that apply.
Learn more about agent permissions in the following section.
STEP 3: Allocate Users
After creating an Agent, go to Allocate Users and search for users to allocate by typing their name into the search box.
If you're unsure on how to create users that can login to you website, please refer to our Support page here Learn how to create Users here >>
Let's go through each agent permission:
- Credit Card: The agent is allowed to take credit card payments for bookings.
- Cash & Down Payment: The agent is allowed to accept cash payments for bookings, or only accept a down payment instead of the full price if a down payment is a setup.
- Reservation: The agent is allowed to make reservations where no payment is needed at the time of booking.
- Adjust Prices & Multi-discounts: The agent is allowed to change the total price of the basket or apply a multi-discount to items in the basket.
- Offer Custom Trips: The agent can create custom departures times for activities.
Booking & Basket details
- Change Treasurer: The agent can assign someone else to be the recipient of cash payments.
- Change Buying User: This allows agents to change the buying user to someone else other than the user that's logged in.
- Add & Modify Basket Items: This allows the agent to change the number of seats booked or rebook the activity.
- Cancel Bookings: This allows agents to cancel a booking.
- Overbook a Trip: Allow the agent to book more seats than what is defined in the schedule.
- Book Past Trips: Allow the agent to book trips after their starting time.
- Only show own bookings: Only allow the agent to view bookings they've made.
- View Guest Manifest: This allows the agent to access the guest manifest of the activities.
Agent commission and reports
When you Navigate to Reports > Accounting > Agents you will find the Turnover and Commission to be paid to each agent.
To find the custom commission for each activity, go to Details next to the Agent, then Details next to each month.
Agents can access their commission reports to track their own performance.