Gift Cards represent a fixed sum of money that is deducted from a total basketHere is a quick rundown of the topics we will discuss in this article (click a link if you wish to jump ahead to that section):
- What are Gift Cards?
- Where can customers use the Gift Card?
- How to Create Gift Cards
- Setup email confirmation for Gift Cards
- Setup Ticket template for Gift Cards
- Import your own Gift Cards
- Tips for Agents and Resellers
What Are Gift Cards?
Gift Cards represent a fixed sum of money that is deducted from a total basket. Gift Cards can be applied to tickets, Add-ons and Shop Items.
It's important to note that once the gift card is used on a basket, the value will drop to zero regardless of the transaction amount. To give customers their remaining balance, you’ll need to create a new gift card with the balance.
Note: Only one voucher can be used for each basket.
Where Can Customers Use The Gift Card?
Your customers can use the Gift Cards during the booking process just before making a payment (see an example screenshot below):
How to Create Gift Cards
To create a discount code, follow these steps:
- In your Admin Desk, go to Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Cards
- Now select the Gift Cards tab at the top
- In the top right corner, click on the Add Gift Code button
In this page, you have the following options to choose from (be aware, any option below marked with a * is a mandatory field):
- Code* - Enter the code that you would like your customers to use.
- Amount* - Choose the amount that you wish to allow to be discounted.
- Maximal Usage* - Enter the number of times the discount code may be used.
- Expiration Date - You can enter the date this discount code may be used until.
- Limit to Activities - Select the tours and activity schedules you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all of your tours/activities, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box).
- Limit to Add-ons - Select which add-ons you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all add-ons, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box)
- Limit to Shop Items - Select which Shop Items you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all add-ons, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box)
- After completing all the necessary fields, click the Save button.
Setup email confirmation for Gift Cards
Import Your Own Gift Cards
You have the option to import your own discount codes via a CSV file. This can be particularly useful if you want to sell tours/activities on discount websites like Groupon.
To import discount codes/gift codes via CSV:
- In your Admin Desk, in the left-hand menu, navigate to Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Codes.
- Now, click the Import Discount Codes button located in the top right corner.
To use a CSV file, the CSV file must be formatted as shown in the table:
|Code||Amount||Max Usage||Limit to Activities||Expiration Date|
|e.g. code||25||10||281989 281983||26/11/2020'|
Each column is explained below:
- Code - Enter the code you wish to use for the discount e.g. 'SUMMERDISCOUNT' or WINTERSALE'
- Amount - Enter the percentage amount you wish to allow for the discounted amount
- Max Usage - Enter the number of times you will allow this voucher to be used by ALL guests
- Limit To Activities - If you want to limit codes to specific activities, add the activity ID here, separated with spaces (Optional)
- Expiration Date - Enter the expiration date of the discount (with dd/mm/yyyy date format) (Optional)
Note: You cannot create/upload a duplicate code i.e. which has already been Used/Existing/Deleted. You must create/upload a unique code every time that is unique.
Click to download an example CSV File
Once you have imported the file, you will receive a preview of the codes that will be imported (see example below)
Tips for Agents and Resellers
- An Agent name can double up as their "Agent Code".
- When a customer is referred to you by an Agent, the customer must use the agent's unique code when purchasing from your website so that you can track referrals.
- We recommend creating a Discount Code that matches the Agent Code to create an incentive for customers to use the code.
Last Updated [27/3/2022] Richard Cortez