Gift Cards represent a fixed sum of money that is deducted from a total basket
Here is a quick rundown of the topics we will discuss in this article (click a link if you wish to jump ahead to that section):
- What Are Gift Cards?
- Where Should Customers Use The Gift Card?
- How to Create Gift Cards
- Import Your Own Gift Cards
- Tips for Agents and Resellers
What Are Gift Cards?
Gift Cards represent a fixed sum of money that is deducted from a total basket. Gift Cards can be applied to tickets, Add-ons and Shop Items.
It's important to note that once the gift card is used on a basket, the value will drop to zero regardless of the transaction amount. To give customers their remaining balance, you’ll need to create a new gift card with the balance.
Note: Only one voucher can be used for each basket.
Where Should Customers Use The Gift Card?
Your customers can use the Gift Cards during the booking process just before making a payment (see an example screenshot below):
How to Create Gift Cards
You can manage your gift cards by going to Admin Desk > Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Cards. Now select the Gift Cards tab. In the top right corner, click on the Add Gift Code button.
- In this page, you have the following options to choose from (be aware, any option below marked with a (*) is a mandatory field):
- Code* - Enter the code that you would like your customers to use.
- Amount* - Choose the amount that you wish to allow to be discounted.
- Maximal Usage* - Enter the number of times the discount code may be used.
- Expiration Date - You can enter the date this discount code may be used until.
- Limit to Activities - Select the tours and activity schedules you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all of your tours/activities, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box).
- Limit to Add-ons - Select which add-ons you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all add-ons, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box)
- Limit to Shop Items - Select which Shop Items you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all add-ons, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box)
- After completing all the necessary fields, click the Save button.
Import Your Own Gift Cards
You have the option to import your own discount codes via a CSV file. This is particularly useful if you want to sell tours/activities on discount websites like Groupon.
To import discount codes/gift codes via CSV:
- Go to Admin Desk. Navigate to Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Codes in the left-hand menu. Choose the Gift Cards tab. Now, click the Import Gift Cards button located in the top right corner.
Your CSV file should be formatted like the example shown below:
- 1st column - Discount Codes or Gift Card codes
- 2nd column - Value in % or a fixed sum
- 3rd column - Number of uses
- 4th column - Expiration date (with dd/mm/yyyy date format)(Optional)
- 5th column - If you want to limit codes to specific activities, add the activity ID here, separated with spaces (Optional)
Note: You cannot create/upload a duplicate code i.e. which has already been Used/Existing/Deleted. You must create/upload a unique code every time that is unique.
Tips for Agents and Resellers
- An Agent name can double up as their "Agent Code".
- When a customer is referred to you by an Agent, the customer must use the agent's unique code when purchasing from your website so that you can track referrals.
- We recommend creating a Discount Code that matches the Agent Code to create an incentive for customers to use the code.
Last Updated [03/04/2020]