Gift Cards represent a fixed sum of money that is deducted from a total basketHere is a quick rundown of the topics we will discuss in this article (click a link if you wish to jump ahead to that section):
- What Are Gift Cards?
- Where Can Customers Use The Gift Card?
- How to Create Gift Cards
- Import Your Own Gift Cards
- Tips for Agents and Resellers
What Are Gift Cards?
Gift Cards represent a fixed sum of money that is deducted from a total basket. Gift Cards can be applied to tickets, Add-ons and Shop Items.
It's important to note that once the gift card is used on a basket, the value will drop to zero regardless of the transaction amount. To give customers their remaining balance, you’ll need to create a new gift card with the balance.
Note: Only one voucher can be used for each basket.
Where Can Customers Use The Gift Card?
Your customers can use the Gift Cards during the booking process just before making a payment (see an example screenshot below):
How to Create Gift Cards
To create a discount code, follow these steps:
- In your Admin Desk, go to Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Cards
- Now select the Gift Cards tab at the top
- In the top right corner, click on the Add Gift Code button
In this page, you have the following options to choose from (be aware, any option below marked with a * is a mandatory field):
- Code* - Enter the code that you would like your customers to use.
- Amount* - Choose the amount that you wish to allow to be discounted.
- Maximal Usage* - Enter the number of times the discount code may be used.
- Expiration Date - You can enter the date this discount code may be used until.
- Limit to Activities - Select the tours and activity schedules you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all of your tours/activities, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box).
- Limit to Add-ons - Select which add-ons you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all add-ons, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box)
- Limit to Shop Items - Select which Shop Items you would like to associate this code with. If you would like this code to apply to all add-ons, leave all of the checkboxes blank (all activities should show in the right-hand side box)
- After completing all the necessary fields, click the Save button.
Import Your Own Gift Cards
You have the option to import your own discount codes via a CSV file. This can be particularly useful if you want to sell tours/activities on discount websites like Groupon.
To import discount codes/gift codes via CSV:
- In your Admin Desk, in the left-hand menu, navigate to Promotion > Discount Codes and Gift Codes.
- Now, click the Import Discount Codes button located in the top right corner.
To use a CSV file, the CSV file must be formatted as shown in the table:
|Code||Amount||Max Usage||Limit to Activities||Expiration Date|
|e.g. code||25||10||281989 281983||26/11/2020'|
Each column is explained below:
- Code - Enter the code you wish to use for the discount e.g. 'SUMMERDISCOUNT' or WINTERSALE'
- Amount - Enter the percentage amount you wish to allow for the discounted amount
- Max Usage - Enter the number of times you will allow this voucher to be used by ALL guests
- Limit To Activities - If you want to limit codes to specific activities, add the activity ID here, separated with spaces (Optional)
- Expiration Date - Enter the expiration date of the discount (with dd/mm/yyyy date format) (Optional)
Note: You cannot create/upload a duplicate code i.e. which has already been Used/Existing/Deleted. You must create/upload a unique code every time that is unique.
Once you have imported the file, you will receive a preview of the codes that will be imported (see example below)
Tips for Agents and Resellers
- An Agent name can double up as their "Agent Code".
- When a customer is referred to you by an Agent, the customer must use the agent's unique code when purchasing from your website so that you can track referrals.
- We recommend creating a Discount Code that matches the Agent Code to create an incentive for customers to use the code.
Last Updated [03/04/2020]