TrekkConnect allows you to connect your activity availabilities to Viator, permitting last minute sales through their marketplace as well as allowing the possibility to manage your capacities and all bookings through your TrekkSoft account.
Setting up your Viator account
In order to successfully connect your activities with Viator, you first need a Viator contract and account created, you have to agree to their terms and conditions as well as negotiate a commission. TrekkSoft is not involved in this initial process. To apply to Viator please visit this page: https://supplier.viator.com/sign-up-info
It’s very important that you select TrekkSoft as your reservation system, this way it will be a lot easier for Viator to find you on the waiting list and map your activities.
Enabling the connection on your TrekkSoft account
Once you have a Supplier ID from Viator, with a contract, you are free to connect your activities. Firstly, go to Admin Desk > Channel Manager > Marketplaces.
Then look for Viator on the list:
Step 1 - Click on Apply, you'll get the following pop-up:
Step 2 - Hit on “Accept terms of service and send application" below to submit your integration request.
Step 3 - You will get redirected to this screen from where you can go to your TrekkConnect account:
Requesting the connection and setting up the mapping on TrekkConnect
Step 1 - In your TrekkConnect account go to marketplaces
Step 2 - Select Viator and click on Enable
Step 3 - Insert your Viator ID and click on Request Viator Integration
This will send an email to the Viator mapping team, who will get back to you with CSV file that you can upload here in TrekkConnect.
Hint: If you need to send your API key to the TripAdvisor team in an email manually as well, you can find it during Step 2 as seen on the image above.
If you are updating the mapping only and this is not a first-time setup, you can request the CSV file from the SAPI team at Viator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Step 4 - Upload your CSV mapping file and map your products
To see a detailed description on the mapping, please visit our TrekkConnect article
Mapping the products on Viator`s side
Step 1 - After you are done with the mapping on TrekkConnect, please give it a few hours for Viator`s system to pull all data
Step 2 - Login to your supplier account
Step 3 - Start mapping the products one by one
Step 4 - Select a product you would like to map by clicking on Manage
Step 5 - In the details of your product go to the Product connection tab and select the an option you`d like to map by clicking Edit next to it
Step 6 - After clicking on Edit, you will be redirected to this page where you need to click on Select a product
Step 7 - This will open a pop-up window listing all the activities that you mapped on TrekkConnect.
Hint: You can search here based on the Viator IDs, if you have only 1 product option the ID will be the same as the product ID. If you have multiple options, you will see product option IDs (such as TG1, TG2 etc.). Since the TrekkConnect versions of your activities are created based on the CSV from Viator, they will have the same product and product option IDs so you can keep TrekkConnect open and use it as a cheat sheet. The mapping is anyways identical so you will just have to copy it from TrekkConnect.
Step 8 - Once you have found the correct product/product option on the list you can click on Select to close the pop-up window and click on Connect.
Step 9 - This will bring you back to the product details page, from where you can click on Back to product list to see the list of your products and start a new product mapping.
Can I map this?
- Activities w/ multiple schedules: yes
- Seasonal schedules: yes
- Variable Pricing: yes
- Voucher Schedules: no
- Cut-off time: yes, max. 10 hours
- Multiday schedules: yes
- Yield Management: no
- Rental/Accommodation: no/no
- Packages: no
- Booked after the start time: no
- Exclusive/private price cat: no
- Multiple TrekkSoft accounts to 1 Viator account: no
- Multiple Viator accounts to 1 TrekkSoft account: no
Tips & Hints
- Whenever you add a new price category to an active schedule, you should map it on TrekkConnect
- If you cancel a booking on TrekkSoft this cancellation will not go through to Viator, you will need to check with them directly.
- TrekkSoft does not provide reports on commission or guests booked through the channel, you will need to rely on Viator for these numbers.
- Viator provides you with the mobile phone number of the guest (you see it as a user) but not with an email address. Additional guest information will be saved as a basket remark (eg meeting point or other information). We cannot map guest custom fields with the remarks from Viator
- Viator has their own price categories (Adult, Child, infant...) which you will have to match with your own price categories and disable the unused ones when mapping on TrekkConnect
- If a price category exists on Viator, please map it as it will cause errors otherwise
- When mapping activities bear in mind cut-off time as it’s respected.
- If your product does not have availability within the next few months, you will be able to see and map it on TrekkConnect but you will not be able to see it on Viator`s side