TrekkConnect allows you to connect your availabilities to TripAdvisor Experiences, allowing last-minute sales through their marketplace while you manage your availabilities and bookings through TrekkSoft.
Setting up your Viator account
In order to successfully connect your activities with Viator, you first need a Viator contract and account created, you have to agree to their terms and conditions as well as negotiate a commission. TrekkSoft is not involved in this initial process.
To apply to Viator please visit this page: https://supplier.viator.com/sign-up-info
It’s very important that you select TrekkSoft as your reservation system, this way it will be a lot easier for Viator to find you on the waiting list and map your activities.
Enabling the connection on TrekkSoft
Once you have a Supplier ID from Viator, with a contract, you are free to connect your activities.
Step 1 - Go to Marketplaces
Firstly, go to Admin Desk > Channel Manager > Marketplaces.
Then look for Viator on the list:
Click on Apply, you'll get the following pop-up.
Step 2: Click on “Accept terms of service and send application" to submit your integration request
Step 3: Login to TrekkConnect
After submitting your integration, you will directed to TrekkConnect to map your products.
Mapping on TrekkConnect
Step 1: Go to marketplaces
Step 2: Select Viator and click on Enable
Step 3: Enter your Viator ID and click on Request Viator Integration
This will send an email to Viator's team who will get back to you with CSV file that you can upload to TrekkConnect.
NOTE: If you need to send your API key to the TripAdvisor team in an email manually as well, you can find it during Step 2 as seen on the image above.
If you are updating the mapping only and this is not a first-time setup, you can request the CSV file from the SAPI team at Viator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Step 4: Upload your CSV mapping file and map your products
To see a detailed description on the mapping, please visit our TrekkConnect article. After you are done with the mapping on TrekkConnect, please give it a few hours for Viator's system to pull all data
Mapping on Viator
Step 1: Login to your Viator supplier account
Step 2: To start mapping, select a product you would like to map by clicking on Manage.
Step 3: In the details of your product, go to the Product connection tab and select the an option you'd like to map by clicking Edit next to it
Step 4: After clicking on Edit, you will be redirected to this page. Click on Select a product.
Step 5: This will open a pop-up window listing all the activities that you mapped on TrekkConnect.
Hint: You can search here based on the Viator IDs, if you have only 1 product option the ID will be the same as the product ID. If you have multiple options, you will see product option IDs (such as TG1, TG2 etc.). Since the TrekkConnect versions of your activities are created based on the CSV from Viator, they will have the same product and product option IDs so you can keep TrekkConnect open and use it as a cheat sheet. The mapping is anyways identical so you will just have to copy it from TrekkConnect.
Step 6: Once you have found the correct product/product option on the list, click Select then click on Connect.
Step 7: This will bring you back to the product details page. From here, click on Back to view the product list and start mapping your next product.
Step 8: Repeat this process for all your products.
What can you map?
- Activities with multiple schedules: Yes
- Seasonal schedules: Yes
- Variable Pricing: Yes
- Voucher Schedules: No
- Cut-off time: Yes, max. 10 hours
- Multi-day schedules: Yes
- Yield Management: No
- Rental/Accommodation: No/No
- Packages: No
- Booked after the start time: No
- Exclusive/private price category: No
- Multiple TrekkSoft accounts to 1 Viator account: No
- Multiple Viator accounts to 1 TrekkSoft account: No
Tips & Hints
- Whenever you add a new price category to an active schedule, you should map it on TrekkConnect
- If you cancel a booking on TrekkSoft this cancellation will not go through to Viator, you will need to check with them directly.
- TrekkSoft does not provide reports on commission or guests booked through the channel, you will need to rely on Viator for these numbers.
- Viator provides you with the mobile phone number of the guest (you see it as a user) but not with an email address. Additional guest information will be saved as a basket remark (eg meeting point or other information). We cannot map guest custom fields with the remarks from Viator
- Viator has their own price categories (Adult, Child, infant...) which you will have to match with your own price categories and disable the unused ones when mapping on TrekkConnect
- If a price category exists on Viator, please map it as it will cause errors otherwise
- When mapping activities bear in mind cut-off time as it’s respected.
- If your product does not have availability within the next few months, you will be able to see and map it on TrekkConnect but you will not be able to see it on Viator`s side