Why you should connect to GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide operates a large online marketplace for tours, activities, attractions and even dinner reservations.
- Benefit from GetYourGuide’s brand in the travel industry
- Get access to a larger audience online from Europe, where GetYourGuide has a strong presence.
Setting up your GetYourGuide account
In order to successfully connect your activities with GetYourGuide, you first need a GetYourGuide contract and account created, you have to agree to their terms and conditions as well as negotiate a commission. TrekkSoft is not involved in this initial process. To apply to GetYourGuide please visit this page: https://supplier.getyourguide.com/en/register
Enabling the connection on your TrekkSoft account
Once you have an account on GetYourGuide, with a contract, you are free to connect your activities. Firstly, go to Admin Desk > Channel Manager > Marketplaces.
Then look for GetYourGuide on the list:
Step 1 - Click on Apply, you'll get the following pop-up:
This means that you apply for the connection on TrekkSoft and will not send a notification to GYG.
Step 2 - Hit on “Accept terms of service and send application" below to submit your integration request.
Step 3 - You will get redirected to a screen from where you can go to your TrekkConnect account.
Requesting the connection and setting up the mapping on TrekkConnect
Step 1 - Reach out to your GetYourGuide Destination Manager and request a mapping file
Step 2 - Select GetYourGuide and click on Enable
Step 3 - Upload your CSV mapping file and map your products
To see a detailed description on the mapping, please visit our TrekkConnect article
Step 4 - Once all your product are set up (that means they are either mapped, postponed or disabled), you can click on the Send button on the top right to send to file to the GetYourGuide mapping team
Can I map this?
- Activities w/ multiple schedules: yes
- Seasonal schedules: yes
- Variable Pricing: yes
- Voucher Schedules: no
- Cut-off time: yes, max. 10 hours
- Multiday schedules: yes
- Yield Management: no
- Rental/Accommodation: no/no
- Packages: no
- Booked after the start time: no
- Exclusive/private price cat: no
- Multiple TrekkSoft accounts to 1 GetYourGuide account:
- Multiple GetYourGuide accounts to 1 TrekkSoft account: yes
Tips & Hints
- Whenever you add a new price category to an active schedule, you should map it on TrekkConnect
- TrekkSoft does not provide reports on commission or guests booked through the channel, you will need to rely on GetYourGuide for these numbers.
- Availability synchronisation with GetYourGuide:
- Once a day for 90 future days
- Once a week for 365 days
- TrekkConnect automatically notifies GetYourGuide about a schedule change, a sold out trip, blocked and enabled trips
- GetYourGuide has their own price categories (Adult, Child, infant...) which you will have to match with your own price categories and disable the unused ones when mapping on TrekkConnect
- Please make sure to have the exact same date ranges and start times on GetYourGuide as the ones mapped from TrekkSoft Even if you don`t always see the start time from GetYourGuide while mapping, it is applied.
- If a price category exists on GetYourGuide, please map it as it will cause errors otherwise
- When mapping activities bear in mind cut-off time as it’s respected and it cannot exceed 10 hours.
- Suppliers can contact GYG via the contact form in their Supplier Administration Desk. Please select ' I have a question regarding API connection’.