You need to add schedules to your activities so that your customers know when they can book a trip with you. If you do not create any scheduling rules the activity will not appear in the calendar. In your schedules, you can set the capacity for each trip or the maximum number of guests you can accommodate for any given time slot.
Without a schedule, your trips cannot be booked.
- Go to Schedule & Prices
Once you’ve created an activity, you’ll have access to Schedule & Prices on the same page. Click on Schedule & Prices and then Add Schedule.
- Select schedule type
Here, we’ll focus on how to set up an Attraction/Trip schedule, the most commonly used schedule for tours or activities. Go ahead and click on Add Trip.
To see all the kinds of schedules that you can create with TrekkSoft, check out the What can you sell section.
- Fill in the details about this schedule
On a list, we’ll see the three different modules we have to fill in to create our schedules.
First, we’ll give our schedule a name and a special tagline. The name is for internal use and the special tagline will be shown to your guest when they are booking the activity.
Secondly, we’ll mark the schedule as active. If left unchecked, the schedule will not be bookable.
- Fill in the capacity: enter the maximum number of people you can take on each trip. Once the trip’s capacity is reached, the system will no longer accept bookings for this timeslot. You’ll never have to worry about overbooking again.
On the second module, we’ll be setting up the date and time(s) of this trip
- Set a Start date to indicate when you want this schedule to begin.
- If you want this activity to have a specific start time, hit on the blue button to set one or more than one. If you leave it as it is, you’ll be creating a schedule that lasts from 00:00 to 23:59 (Attraction Schedule)
You can also set up a recurrence for your schedule, simply select the days of the week this activity will be happening.
Don’t forget to set up an end date if your activity is not a one-time deal.
Same as the activities, there are some specific settings you can apply to a schedule:
- Cut-off time: Decide on your cut-off time, in minutes. This will determine when the system automatically stops accepting bookings before a scheduled trip. Let’s say you have a cut-off time of 60 minutes, this means that this time slot cannot be booked 60 minutes prior to a trip.
- Can be booked after start time? Check this box if you want to allow your customers to be able to book this trip/activity after the actual start time has begun. This can be good if you want to enable last minutes guest to join.
- Tag this schedule: this will only have an impact on your reports. You can use it to filter out trips by language, or maybe you would like to know if people book more morning or afternoon schedules. This feature has as many possibilities as you can imagine. Use one-word tags or make_them_yourself.
Lastly, save your work!! Once you’ve completed all these steps, you’ve successfully created a schedule! Click Save to close this pop-up and move on.