Together with our existing line of products Website Builder and Mobile App the POS Desk is one of the most important components of TrekkSoft offering, allowing you to boost your over the counter or agent sales, improve efficiency and leverage the quality of your service.
But you still may wonder what does POS Desk exactly mean and what does it do?
Well, the idea behind the Point-of-Sale Desk was to deliver a great booking & marketing tool for you and your agents. And that’s what the POS Desk really is for. Thanks to its very user friendly display it allows you to make effortless bookings with a couple of clicks only and no training is necessary.
On top of that, POS Desk may serve as an activity booklet to show trip information (details, itinerary, maps or pictures) to your customers directly at the point of sale. All you need is a tablet, laptop or a smartphone in hands of an agent.
POS Desk interface is built of three major tabs: Activity, Calendar and Bookings.
- Activity tab lists all the activities in your offering. Click on any of them to go to the booking process, or click on the bottom of the square to see a detailed view and see the description of an activity. You can filter activities by:
- Departure Location
- Calendar view allows you to see a monthly calendar and search for activities based on a departure date.
- Bookings tab shows the last bookings taken, for you to keep record, or to suggest a "most wanted" to your clients. You can filter bookings by:
- Basket ID, user details or activity title
- Trip Date
- Booking Date
Taking a booking is very easy:
- Select the desired activity from the previous screens, you'll be able to choose between booking a concrete date, or a voucher schedule:
- Click on the desired date and add number of guests:
- We'll click on the BOOK NOW button at the bottom of the previous screen to start the booking process. Here we can fill in guest details, change agent, add a voucher code or package discount and change the buying user:
- Click on PAY to specify the payment method and save the booking:
- By clicking on the payment method, the booking will be confirmed and the basket created. From this view we can view or download the PDFs, cancel or rebook the guest and go back to the activities list:
Note: All Agent Permits are taken in account for POS desk, this means that if one of your agents is Isolated, he won't be able to see other agent's bookings, won't have access to Guest Manifest if this option is selected, booking custom trips, cancel guests, rebooking them, etc.
POS Desk is a multilingual platform, so if you're lacking any language, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team.
Rebooking on POS Desk
Rebooking on POS Desk is the easiest: it's done in only two clicks:
1. Locate the basket and user you would like to rebook
2. Hit REBOOK ITEM
3. Choose the date you want to rebook that customer to. The new booking will show on the same pop up window, at the bottom.
Who is POS Desk designed for?
When coming up with the idea of creating POS Desk, one of the first scenarios we imagined it working on was a Concierge/Hotel reception through which you could resell your activities.
But the array of use-cases goes far beyond that, we've seen people use it as a self-serve kiosk where the clients could just browse through the activities by themselves without having to wait the queue or talking to an employee.
You or your agents can use this product at pretty much any point of sale and help your business grow without a hassle.