TrekkSoft allows you to connect your activity availabilities to Viator, permitting last minute sales through their marketplace as well as allowing the possibility to manage your capacities and all bookings through your Trekksoft account.
In order to successfully connect your activities with Viator, you first need a Viator contract, you have to agree to their terms and conditions as well as negotiate a commission. TrekkSoft is not involved in this initial process. To apply to Viator please visit this page: https://supplier.viator.com/sign-up-info
It’s very important that you select TrekkSoft as your reservation system, this way it will be a lot easier for Viator to find you on the waiting list and map your activities.
Once you have a Supplier ID from Viator, with a contract, you are free to connect your activities. Firstly, go to Admin Desk > Channel Manager > Marketplaces.
Then look for Viator on the list:
Step 1 - Click on Apply, you'll get the following pop-up:
Step 2 - Hit on “Accept terms of service and send application" below to submit your integration request.
Step 3 - You will get redirected to this screen:
Step 4 - This is the ID you have gotten on the contract you signed with Viator.
Step 5 - Once you've gotten your contract back, you'll be able to fill in the supplier ID and hit "Submit", your Viator module will change:
If you hit on Manage, you'll be able to map your activities on Viator:
You will see all your activities listed and different possibilities for each Price category:
Activate the activities that you would like to connect with Viator, these activities should already be live.
Price categories need to be mapped in your TrekkSoft account with the available price categories on Viator so we can assign the guests accordingly.
If on Viator you sells multiple price categories, whereas on TrekkSoft you only have one, select Any so that all price categories for your trip will be matched to this price category in our system.
If you change your schedule for an activity it will not automatically appear on Viator as they will need to map changes in the schedule manually. Remember to go back to your mapping file in TrekkSoft, update the activity and save it before contacting Viator.
Upload next seasonal schedule and map the price categories on Viator Dashboard in TrekkSoft before current schedules expires to maintain an active connection (When you add a new price category to active schedule then you should remap the activity).
For each booking, Viator will query the availability and if no seat is available then no booking will be processed, therefore; you are always able to block bookings for specific dates.
Tips & Hints
- If you cancel a booking on TrekkSoft this cancellation will not go through to Viator, you will need to check with them directly.
- TrekkSoft has no reportings on the commissions or guests booked through the channel, you will need to rely on Viator
- Viator provides you with the mobile phone number of the guest (you see it as a user) but not with an email address. Additional guest information will be saved as a basket remark (eg meeting point or other information). We cannot map guest custom fields with the remarks from Viator
- If you change a schedule, Viator will need to map this manually so changes in your schedule will take a while to reflected on Viator but you can always "close" existing trips by blocking them or setting the capacity to 0. Remember to ALWAYS re-save a mapping page in order to make changes effective.
- Viator has their own price categories (Adult, Child, infant...) which you will have to match with your own price categories
- When mapping activities bear in mind cut-off time as it’s respected