TrekkSoft allows you to connect your activity availabilities to Viator, permitting last minute sales through their marketplace as well as allowing the possibility to manage your capacities and all bookings through your Trekksoft account.
In order to successfully connect your activities with Viator, you first need a Viator contract, you have to agree to their terms and conditions as well as negotiate a commission. TrekkSoft is not involved in this initial process. To apply to Viator please visit this page: https://supplier.viator.com/sign-up-info
It’s very important that you select TrekkSoft as your reservation system, this way it will be a lot easier for Viator to find you on the waiting list and map your activities.
Once you have a Supplier ID from Viator, with a contract, you are free to connect your activities. Firstly, go to Admin Desk > Channel Manager > Marketplaces.
Then look for Viator on the list:
Step 1 - Click on Apply, you'll get the following pop-up:
Step 2 - Hit on “Accept terms of service and send application" below to submit your integration request.
Step 3 - You will get redirected to this screen:
Step 4 - This is the ID you have gotten on the contract you signed with Viator.
Step 5 - Once you've gotten your contract back, you'll be able to fill in the supplier ID and hit "Submit", your Viator module will change:
If you hit on Manage, you'll be able to map your activities on Viator:
You will see all your activities listed and different possibilities for each Price category:
Activate the activities that you would like to connect with Viator, these activities should already be live.
Price categories need to be mapped in your TrekkSoft account with the available price categories on Viator so we can assign the guests accordingly.
If on Viator you sells multiple price categories, whereas on TrekkSoft you only have one, select Any so that all price categories for your trip will be matched to this price category in our system.
If you change your schedule for an activity it will not automatically appear on Viator as it the changes need to be mapped again. Contact your account manager or email email@example.com to get this process started.
Remember to upload next season's schedule and map the price categories (like you did earlier) before your current schedule expires to maintain an active connection.
Tips & Hints
- Whenever you add a new price category to an active schedule, you should remap the activity.
- If you cancel a booking on TrekkSoft this cancellation will not go through to Viator, you will need to check with them directly.
- TrekkSoft does not provide reports on commission or guests booked through the channel, you will need to rely on Viator for these numbers.
- Viator provides you with the mobile phone number of the guest (you see it as a user) but not with an email address. Additional guest information will be saved as a basket remark (eg meeting point or other information). We cannot map guest custom fields with the remarks from Viator
- If you change your activity schedule, this will need to be mapped manually and so changes will take a while to be reflected on Viator. In the meantime, you can always stop existing trips from being booked by blocking them or setting the capacity to zero. Remember to re-save a mapping page in order to make changes effective.
- Viator has their own price categories (Adult, Child, infant...) which you will have to match with your own price categories
- When mapping activities bear in mind cut-off time as it’s respected.