You need to add schedules to your activities so that your customers know when they can book a trip with you. In your schedules, you can set the capacity for each trip or the maximum number of guests you can accommodate for any given time slot.
Without a schedule, your trips cannot be booked.
STEP 1: Go to Schedule & Prices
Once you’ve created an activity, you’ll have access to Schedule & Prices on the same page. Click on Schedule & Prices and then Add Schedule.
STEP 2: Select schedule type
Here, we’ll focus on how to set up an Attraction/Trip schedule, the most commonly used schedule for tours or activities. Go ahead and click on Add Trip.
STEP 3: Fill in the details about this schedule
The first tab, General, is where you’ll fill in the basic information about this schedule.
Name & Tagline
- Give your schedule a name and a special tagline. The name is for internal use and the special tagline will be shown to your guest when they are booking the activity.
- Mark the schedule as active. If left unchecked, the schedule will not be bookable.
Enter the maximum number of people you can take on each trip. Once the trip’s capacity is reached, the system will no longer accept bookings for this timeslot. You’ll never have to worry about overbookings again.
Click on the green Next button to move on to the next tab. Here, set Date & Time for your trip or attraction.
Date and time of this trip
- Set a Start date to indicate when you want this schedule to begin.
- Click on Add start time and duration if you offer this activity multiple times during a day. You can set different starting times here and indicate the how long the trip lasts for.
- Tick the boxes for the days this trip/attraction can be booked. If this is a daily activity, click on Select all.
- Now, decide when you want this schedule to end. After this date, this schedule will become inactive. You can reactivate the schedule again by heading to your schedule dashboard and clicking on the Past tab. Clone the expired schedule and change the date and time for active dates.
Once you’re done, click on the green Next button to move to Advanced settings, if you do not want to add any of the advanced settings you can click save directly.
- Cut-off time - Decide on your cut-off time, in minutes. This will determine when the system automatically stops accepting bookings before a scheduled trip. Let’s say you have a cut-off-time of 60 minutes, this means that this time slot cannot be booked 60 minutes prior to a trip.
- Can be booked after start time? - Check this box if you want to allow your customers to be able to book this trip/activity after the actual start time has begun. This can be good if you want to enable last minutes guest to join.
STEP 4: Save your work
Once you’ve completed all these steps, you’ve successfully created a schedule! Click Save to close this pop-up and move on.
- Add a price to your schedule
- Understand the different schedule types: Voucher, Attraction/Trip, Rental
- Learn how to create a voucher schedule
- Learn how to create a rental schedule