TrekkSoft provides an Agent feature, which allows others to sell services on your behalf.
If you would like to give an agent the ability to sign in to use the Agent Desk, then you must allocate a user name to the Agent. Each unique user can only be allocated to ONE Agent, but an Agent can be allocated to more than one user. Each Agent can be assigned different rights in order to further accommodate your business model and restrict access to specific information such as bookings and commissions.
If an Agent does not have an allocated user, then they will only be able to provide their Agent Code to customers when they purchase a ticket, opposed to booking trips for the customer on their own.
To create an Agent, select Promotion > Agents on the left navigation bar. From here, click the Add Agent button.
Agent Code - This will be the code that is entered when purchasing a ticket, in order to let our system know that a specific Agent is responsible for the sale. It is best practice to create a discount code that is deducted when the code is entered, in order to give customers more of an incentive to use the codes in the first place.
Commission - This is the percentage of the sale that is paid to the Agent as commission.
Accounting Period - This setting determines when balances and account summaries are calculated for payment
Bank Details - Here you can write down the bank details of the agent where their commission should be transferred to. Please note that this is only saving the details in the system and doesn`t mean that the agent will automatically be paid out on this bank account.
Permissions - We have various types of Agents. Each of them has a number of permissions, depending on their ranking, but these are totally customizable for you to create your own types of agents!
- Credit Card: The agent is allowed to take credit card payments for bookings.
- Cash & Down Payment: The agent is allowed to accept cash payments for the bookings or only pay the down payment amount instead of the full price in case it is configured for the booked price category.
- Reservation: The agent is allowed to make guaranteed reservations in the system where no payment is needed at the time of booking.
- Adjust Prices & Multidiscounts: The agent is allowed to change the price of the booked products or apply a multidiscount on the items in their basket.
- Offer Custom Trips: The right to create custom departures for activities.
- Change Treasurer: This allows the agent to select another agent not just themselves as the receiver of cash payments.
- Change Buying User: Normally whatever user the agent is using to login to the selected booking tool will be added as the buying user, but with this, you can allow them to change these details.
- Add & Modify Basket Items: Increasing the number of seats booked in a basket or simply the rebooking of activities.
- Cancel bookings: Allowing the cancellation of bookings.
- Overbook a Trip: Booking or reserving more seats than it is defined in the schedule.
- Book Past Trips: Book trips after their starting time.
- Only show own bookings: With this enabled the agent will only be able to see booking that was made by a user that has the same agent assigned or their own bookings.
- View Guest Manifest: This determines if the agent is allowed to access the guest manifest of the activities.
If the option is clicked, it will mean that the agent can do whatever is written in the description. If we unselect it and save this agent, the agent will lose the permission that we unselected.
How to edit agents:
Allocating users to an existing agent: