Before applying to Expedia from the TrekkSoft dashboard, please make sure you have an account set up with Expedia.
If you have not registered with Expedia, please go to Join Expedia Local Expert.
If you already have an account set up on Expedia, please go to TrekkSoft Marketplaces to enable connectivity with Expedia.
In order to apply to Expedia, go to Channel Manager > Marketplaces and locate Expedia on the list:
When hitting on Apply you will see this pop up:
Accept terms of Service, and you'll see that your Expedia module has changed:
If you click on Cancel the connection will be interrupted and none of your activities will be showing on their end.
You need to contact your Expedia Destination Manager in order to enable the connection to the Expedia API. They will be able to guide you through the process.
This being done, you’ll already be able to start mapping your activities on TrekkSoft’s Dashboard:
The mapping itself is very simple, you just need to select the activities you want to see on the marketplace and save the file.
Saving the file will trigger an update on the mapping file that Expedia can check.
When changing something on your activities (changing a schedule or adding a new one or price category) please notify Expedia so they arrange the necessary changes on the mapping files to avoid any connection problems.
When changing something on your activities:
- Changing a schedule
- Adding a new one
- Adding a new price category
We recommend to notify Expedia so they download the new mapping file and make the necessary changes.
- Before changing anything on TrekkSoft Schedules (special tagline, departure times, duration, start or ending date) please notify Expedia of the change so they can do it on their side as well. If you do change something without advising them, the mapping will be affected.
- Each time you add a new schedule it’s recommended to notify Expedia about it if you want the change to be done ASAP.
- Deleting a price category/schedule for active schedule will cause an error. If you disable activity, you should notify expedia as well.
- To map seasonal schedules: price categories, start time and special tagline needs to be the same in both schedules
- You don’t need to worry about Capacities, these are automatically updated.
Expedia Basket Example:
Can I map this?
- Activities w/ multiple schedules: yes
- Seasonal schedules: yes
- Variable Pricing: yes
- Voucher Schedules: no
- Cut-off time: no
- Multiday schedules: yes
- Yield Management: no
- Rental/Accommodation: no/no
- Packages: no
- Booked after the start time: no
- Exclusive/private price cat: no